Members

Meet our members


Back to members list

HQ office : Oslo, Norway
ADDRESS : Fridtjof Nansens plass 4,
N-0160 Oslo
WEBSITE : http://www.norfund.no

NorfundNorway

Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries

Norfund – the Norwegian Development Finance Institution – was founded in 1997 and joined EDFI in 2001. Norfund is a company by special statute with limited liability, wholly owned on behalf of the Norwegian government by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Norfund’s mandate is to create sustainable commercial activities in developing countries. Norfund also has offices in Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Thailand, and Costa Rica.

Member's website

Region

Sector

Key Figures

Key numbers (end of 2020)

Investments

€453 million

in new annual commitments to 45 projects

€2,708 million

in total portfolio of 196 projects

€421.5

million in investment funds

Financial instruments

79%

equity and quasi equity

20%

loans

1%

guarantees

 

Other Fund Management

Norfund advises the Bank Investment Company which was founded by four private institutional investors, along with Norfund itself, in 2013.

$140 million is committed to support financial institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa. The private investor will provide 51% of the capital, while Norfund will provide the remaining 49%.

Technical Assistance

€1.2 million

approved in 13 projects

100 %

government funding

Investment focus

Norfund’s main investment regions are Southern Africa and East Africa. Norfund also invests in selected countries in South-East Asia and Central America. Norfund invests in clean energy, financial institutions and agribusiness in addition to SMEs through investment funds.

Staff

96

employees