The EDFI Management Company (EDFIMC) is hiring a Chief Financial and Risk Officer.
The CFRO will take responsibility for the following areas of work: (i) budgeting, accounting and financial reporting, (ii) portfolio risk, monitoring, valuations, (iii) company risk control, audit, compliance, (iv) Procurement and HR administration. All this applies to both the EDFIMC company and the different funds under management.
The CFRO will manage two reports; one Financial Analyst and an Office Manager, and will manage contacts with external parties to which work has been outsourced, specifically the Accounting/Bookkeeping, the Internal Audit function and the annual external Audits. Along with the ElectriFI Manager and AgriFI Manager, the CFRO will be part of the management team, reporting to the company MD. This position is full time and offered under a standard Belgian, open-ended contract.
- BUDGETS / ACCOUNTING / REPORTING
- The entire budgeting and forecasting process, at company and fund levels;
- Solve accountancy issues and provide advice from an analytical accountancy perspective when drawing up budgets;
- Take responsibility for accounting and reporting consolidation of the different entities (company, funds, on-balance and off-balance) based on information provided by the bookkeepers and accountants to ensure that the best integration of data can be guaranteed;
- Liaise with the company bank and bookkeepers. Ensure that their deliverables are on time. Control and crosscheck the quality and correctness of their input;
- Liaise with the external Mid/Back Office provider. Ensure their deliverables are of quality and on time;
- Monitor actual figures vs. budget at company and fund levels. Draw up regular analyses and reports for the Managing Director and Fund Managers to ensure that they have sufficient information to take decisions;
- Prepare different reports, both financials and narrative part;
- Stay well-informed about the evolutions and developments related to finances and accountancy, meeting EU rules and Belgian laws.
- PORTFOLIO RISK / MONITORING / VALUATIONS
- Monitor the different portfolio spreads and limits, for the different funds under management;
- Advise on accounting and pricing of different financial products structured by the investment teams;
- Coordinate the regular process of portfolio valuations;
- Ensure that specific EU/BE accounting rules are correctly applied;
- RISK CONTROL / AUDIT / COMPLIANCE
- Coordinate the execution of audits, of the internal auditor, and planning and follow-up of the external audits within the whole of the organization to ensure that full, efficient and timely audits can be guaranteed;
- Monitor and update the Business Operating Manual and the Risk Control Framework.
- Annually update the Internal Audit Plan, with input from internal and external auditors;
- Assist the MD to accurately implement control procedures, including all payment flows.
- PROCUREMENT / HR ADMINISTRATION
- Actively structure all financial and legal aspects when drafting new employment contracts, including cross-border structures;
- Take care of the accounting aspects of Human Resources to ensure that the Compensation & Benefits policy of the organization can be realized;
- This includes the Group Insurance for employees, Pension schemes, different work insurances, etc.
- Be responsible for the procurement of the organization, meeting EU rules and Belgian laws, in order to ensure the acquisition of necessary supplies and services.
- a Master’s degree preferably in field of finance or economics;
- seasoned professional with at least ten years of relevant working experience;
- experience with financial institutions or investment funds;
- direct or indirect experience of a developing country would be beneficial.
- Skills & Competencies
- a pro-active (self-starter), creative, pragmatic, with hands-on mentality;
- an excellent communicator with the ability to build solid relationships;
- good at leading a small team internally and liaise well with external counterparts;
- fluent in English (verbally and in writing);
- proficiency in Dutch and French is preferred
EDFIMC has retained Rtesian Resources as its recruitment partner for this position, and applicants should send a letter of motivation together with cv and salary expectations to Ian Burns at email@example.com. Only candidates being considered for selection will be contacted.