Are you looking for a new challenge in a Development Finance Institution?
We offer you the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the development finance sector, by learning on the job, taking on real responsibilities as from day one.
We are currently looking for a Corporate Secretary (possibility of part time 4/5).
The Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries (BIO) is a Development Finance Institution (DFI) established in 2001 in the framework of the Belgian Development Cooperation to support private sector growth in developing and emerging countries.
BIO finances the financial sector, enterprises and private infrastructure projects. Endowed with capital worth EUR 880 million, BIO essentially provides tailored long-term financial products (equity, quasi-equity, debt and guarantees), but also finances technical assistance programmes and feasibility studies. BIO actively encourages its business partners to implement high environmental, social and governance standards and seeks to achieve a positive development impact in each of its interventions.
BIO operates as an additional partner to the traditional financial institutions and looks for projects with a balance between return on investment and development impact.
BIO is a member of EDFI (European Development Finance Institutions).
For more information, please visit BIO’s website at www.bio-invest.be .
As a Corporate Secretary, you will
As a Board Secretary:
- Contribute to the organization of the meetings of all governance bodies of the company (Board of Directors, Investment Committee, Audit Committee, Credit Committee, HR Committee)
- Attend those meetings and write the minutes
- Liaise with Board Members and follow up closely on any issue
- Centralize filing for the company
- Manage a digital information system for the filing of corporate documents (Sharepoint)
- Support in gathering all documentation needed for Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements (legalization, apostille, etc)
You will be part of the Legal team and you will work in close cooperation with the Senior Legal Analyst.
– Integrity, loyalty, and discrete personality
– Experienced with minute taking
– Ability to synthesize and to identify key points in a discussion
– Experience with digital information system is a plus
– A preliminary experience in the financial sector is a plus
– Self motivated and self starter/initiative
– Proficiency in French – good command of the Dutch
– Team work and service orientation
Interested: please send your CV and cover letter through the career page of our website.