EDFI Management Company
Incorporated in 2016 by the association of 15 European Development Finance Institutions (www.edfi.eu), EDFI Management Company (www.edfimc.eu) manages both ElectriFI and AgriFI facilities (www.electrifi.eu and www.agrifi.eu) out of its offices in Brussels. Other (guarantee) facilities are likely to be added to EDFIMC.
EDFIMC was set up as a collaboration between the EDFIs and the European Commission (EC). The EC is the prime funder of ElectriFI (over EUR 200mln) and AgriFI (almost EUR 40mln). EDFIMC offered financing is always complementary to what the DFIs and other funders can offer, using the flexibility of the EC funding, which can translate in early stage clients, high risk products, junior structures, development equity, etc.
At this moment, EDFI MC has a team of fifteen people, working on Energy and Agriculture, supported by a few company broad functions for E&S, Legal, etc. Several positions will be added to the current team.
ElectriFI is a EUR 200M+ impact investment facility funded by the European Commission. ElectriFI invests in private sector projects and companies providing access to energy, active in emerging markets and making use of renewable energy technologies. ElectriFI invests both in the off-grid and the on-grid sectors pursuing the business models of Independent Power Projects, Captive Power Projects, Minigrids and Solar Home Systems.
As Portfolio Analyst you will support the Investment Officers and the Fund Manager in originating, assessing, completing and monitoring (quasi) equity and debt investments in private enterprises (both direct and indirect structures) active in the energy sector in developing countries.
Your Responsibilities & Tasks
- Assist the Investment Officers in the origination and evaluation of investment opportunities fitting the mandate of ElectriFI
- Structure and negotiate terms and conditions of such opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of investment recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Monitor a portfolio of investees with a focus on the financial and impact objectives of ElectriFI
- Preparing different portfolio and facility reports
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in an investment/credit function at a financial institution, or at an audit firm or corporate finance house
- Experience in the renewable energy sector is a plus
- Master’s degree in business administration, Economics or Finance
- Analytical mind, organized, precise and meticulous
- Good at financial analyses and modelling
- Good networking and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong team player
- Fluency in English and French
- Strong interest for impact investing and developing markets – experience in developing countries would be an asset
What we offer
- Permanent Belgian employment contract
- Compensation in line with bilateral development banks
- Located full time in Brussels
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter in English to Dominiek Deconinck through firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter shall clearly outline your motivation and availability.
We apologize that we can only respond to the candidates that we would like to invite for further discussions.