About EDFI Management Company
EDFI MC is a public limited company based in Brussels, Belgium, with the purpose to deliver development finance solutions that enable European Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) and other investors in the private sector to invest more and in higher risk projects than they would otherwise be able to do in emerging and developing economies. EDFI MC achieves its purpose through mandates to manage facilities which provide financing, technical assistance and other means of support directly and in close collaboration with its partners.
EDFI MC was established by EDFI – the Association of European DFIs – in 2016 as a multi-stakeholder platform for promoting their financial cooperation with the EU institutions. Today, the shareholders of EDFI MC are the EDFI Association together with nine EU-based European DFIs. The members of EDFI are 15 European government-backed DFIs, which promote private sector development in emerging and developing economies through impact-oriented investment and advisory services. EDFI member institutions have 3’000 staff members and investments of close to €50 billion in more than 100 countries around the world in sectors such as financial services, renewable energy, and agriculture. EDFI MC has built a multi-disciplinary organisation of approximately 40 staff members. The company is mission-driven, entrepreneurial and accountable to meet the high standards of its shareholders and funders.
EDFIMC is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant/Analyst to assist the Financial Team in managing our investment portfolio, reporting and support general accounting activities. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Your Responsibilities & Tasks
On the Off-balance sheet
- Preparing of the quarterly and annual financial reports of the current and future facilities under management.
- Managing financial accounting of the facilities in line with the EAR 11 framework.
- Report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Preparing updates of the financial development of clients.
- Assisting with valuation of project and follow-up of impairments.
- Substantiating financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Issuing payment advice notes to clients.
- Processing funding requests to the EC and disbursements to clients.
- Organizing and analyzing portfolio data and handling financial data enquiries.
- Assist with the preparation of the operating budgets of the facilities under management
- Quarterly follow-up of the operating budgets of the facilities and evolution of the different investment portfolios.
On the on-balance sheet:
- Assist and being back up of the accountant with segregation of duties in mind
- on balance sheet recording and maintenance of accurate ledgers like accounts payable or accounts receivable, banks, fixed assets.
- Matching purchase orders with invoices, follow-up of incoming invoices (internal authorization process), credit notes, payment conditions, etc.
- Monitor expenses.
- Initiate payment vendor invoices and track bank account balances.
- Producing quarterly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- Producing and managing various operational reports, also statistic reports
- You hold a master’s degree in Accountancy and/or a master’s degree in (Applied) Economics, Commercial Engineering or Business Studies (MBA).
- At least 4 years of successful experience in accounting, auditing and reporting (IFRS/IPSAS)
- Meticulous, precise detail oriented and good with numbers
- Strong with MS Office: Excel and other reporting tools like MS Power BI, qlick Sense,…
- Team player
- Efficient and pro-active problem-solving capabilities
- Great communication skills
- Reporting Skills
- Knowledge on VAT rules and tax returns
- Fluency in English plus Dutch and/or French (for reporting purposes in Belgium)
- Interested in emerging and developing markets and/or thematic like Climate Change, renewable energies, Agriculture,
- Candidates must be in possession of a valid work permit for Belgium
- A good sense of humor.
What we offer
- Permanent Belgian employment contract
- Compensation in line with bilateral development banks
- Located full time in Brussels with part-time remote working
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter in English to Olivier Moyens (email@example.com). The cover letter shall clearly outline your motivation and availability.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.