About EDFI Management Company
EDFI MC is a public limited company based in Brussels, Belgium, with the purpose to deliver development finance solutions that enable European Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) and other investors in the private sector to invest more and in higher risk projects than they would otherwise be able to do in emerging and developing economies. EDFI MC achieves its purpose through mandates to manage facilities which provide financing, technical assistance and other means of support directly and in close collaboration with its partners.
EDFI MC was established by EDFI – the Association of European DFIs – in 2016 as a multi-stakeholder platform for promoting their financial cooperation with the EU institutions. Today, the shareholders of EDFI MC are the EDFI Association together with nine EU-based European DFIs. The members of EDFI are 15 European government-backed DFIs, which promote private sector development in emerging and developing economies through impact-oriented investment and advisory services. EDFI member institutions have 3’000 staff members and investments of close to €50 billion in more than 100 countries around the world in sectors such as financial services, renewable energy, and agriculture. EDFI MC has built a multi-disciplinary organisation of approximately 40 staff members. The company is mission-driven, entrepreneurial and accountable to meet the high standards of its shareholders and funders.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the Portfolio Officer is implementing portfolio management activities for the several market development facilities (currently AgriFI and ElectriFI) as per EDFI MC’s processes, policies, and standards. She/he thereto will act as the direct counterparty to investee companies and will be responsible for managing the relationship with and investment in such company. Under the guidance of the Portfolio Manager, the Portfolio Officer will work closely together with officers in EDFI MC’s E&S, Legal, Risk and Finance team.
Your Responsibilities & Tasks
As a Primary Responsible Officer (PRO) for certain transactions, responsible for:
- monitoring the implementation of investment documentation, preparing disbursements, checking compliance (reporting, covenants, repayment schedules, etc.) and evaluating and preparing waiver and change requests;
- monitoring the performance of the investments, contributing to the value creation roadmap, the preparation of a timely exit in case of (quasi-) equity investments, and the possible restructurings of investments;
- proposing the Fair Market Value of (quasi-) equity investments and assessing Expected Credit Loss for loan investments while updating their risk rating;
- providing the necessary reporting on the investments and the facilities to the decision making bodies
- ensuring EDFIMC processes, policies and standards are complied with in EDFI MC’s Portfolio Management activities, and including the proper involvement of E&S officer, legal counsel, Risk, Finance, etc.
As an employee of EDFI MC, you are Representing EDFI MC, establishing and maintaining professional relationships and promoting its activities with investee companies, DFIs and impact investors, the European Commission, the European Delegations, etc.
The ideal candidate for the offered position offers the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or equivalent in experience;
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience at an investment management company, financial institution or audit company;
- Strong analytical abilities and understanding of P&L and balance sheet dynamics, including valuation rules in accordance with IFRS;
- Good understanding of investment instruments, covenants and documentation;
- Good communication skills and able to negotiate with clients (budget, deadlines, reporting requirements, …)
- At ease with numbers & budget and for reporting/database management;
- Be capable of drafting, delivering, and defending, quality project proposals and memo’s;
- Verbal and written fluency in English. French, Dutch and/or Spanish are strong assets;
- Team player in an international environment and ability to work in an independent way.
- In possession of a valid work permit for Belgium and ready to travel from time to time;
- Experience in developing countries, as well as with impact investment funds and/or experience or high interest in any of the agricultural sector or energy sector are a clear asset.
What we offer
- A dynamic and international environment in collaboration with passionate people
- An impactful work in direct contact with entrepreneurs and developing countries
- A full-time employment contract with EDFI MC based in Brussels.
- Compensation in line with bilateral development finance institutions.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter in english to Olivier Moyens (firstname.lastname@example.org). The cover letter shall clearly outline your motivation and availability.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.