HIRING | EDFI MC is looking for a Technical Assistance Coordinator for AgriFI
About EDFI Management Company
EDFI MC is a public limited company based in Brussels, Belgium, with the purpose to deliver development finance solutions that enable European Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) and other investors in the private sector to invest more and in higher risk projects than they would otherwise be able to do in emerging and developing economies. EDFI MC achieves its purpose through mandates to manage facilities which provide financing, technical assistance and other means of support directly and in close collaboration with its partners.
EDFI MC was established by EDFI – the Association of European DFIs – in 2016 as a multi-stakeholder platform for promoting their financial cooperation with the EU institutions. Today, the shareholders of EDFI MC are the EDFI Association together with nine EU-based European DFIs. The members of EDFI are 15 European government-backed DFIs, which promote private sector development in emerging and developing economies through impact-oriented investment and advisory services. EDFI member institutions have 3’000 staff members and investments of close to €50 billion in more than 100 countries around the world in sectors such as financial services, renewable energy, and agriculture. EDFI MC has built a multi-disciplinary organisation of approximately 40 staff members. The company is mission-driven, entrepreneurial and accountable to meet the high standards of its shareholders and funders.
AgriFI started in 2018. It is an impact investment fund aiming at boosting investments in sustainable agriculture in developing countries. Its mandate consists in providing long-term finance to private enterprises active in the agri-food sector, with a value chain approach benefitting smallholder farmers. It is a unique EU-funded initiative joining public-private efforts: it associates the European Commission and the European Development Finance Institutions to leverage more private investments in the agriculture sector by demonstrating they can be both sustainable and profitable. > www.agrifi.eu
AgriFI Technical Assistance (TA) plays a key role in supporting our clients and their ecosystem by providing high quality capacity development services. In close interaction with AgriFI Investment and Portfolio officers, the TA Coordinator (TAC) will be responsible for the identification of TA needs of AgriFI Investees and other beneficiaries across the value chain impacted through AgriFI investments as well as the subsequent design and implementation management of these initiatives.
Your Responsibilities & Tasks
- Analyse and define client development needs in collaboration with the client and investment/portfolio staff of AgriFI
- Prepare, develop and defend TA projects submitted to the AgriFI Investment Committee
- Planning and design of TA projects for AgriFI Investees and other beneficiaries in line with objectives and stakeholder’s needs as well as EDFI best-practices
- Close management and monitoring of the implementation of TA projects, ensuring achievement of all set objectives
- Administration of TA projects, incl. the structuring of agreements, drafting of internal project / approval documents etc.
- Closely interact with representatives of the beneficiaries, stringently monitor external consultants
- Support TA processes and procedures, make suggestions for improvement and update internal documents and manuals accordingly
- Master level, with preference in International Development or Political Science with a focus on Development Economics, or Master in Finance.
- At least 4 years relevant experience. Experiences in Project Management and/or Technical Assistance & grant mechanisms are strong assets.
- Be capable of drafting, delivering, and defending, quality project proposals.
- At ease with numbers & budget and for reporting/database management.
- Team player in an international environment and ability to work in an independent way.
- Verbal and written fluency in English. French, Dutch and/or Spanish are strong assets.
- Good communication skills and able to negotiate with clients (budget, deadlines, reporting requirements, …).
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
What we offer
- A dynamic and international environment in collaboration with passionate people
- An impactful work in direct contact with entrepreneurs and developing countries
- A full-time employment contract with EDFI MC based in Brussels.
- Compensation in line with bilateral development finance institutions.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter in English to Olivier Moyens (firstname.lastname@example.org). The cover letter shall clearly outline your motivation and availability.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.