The EDFI Management Company, EDFIMC, is the asset management company of the EDFI association of 15 European development banks. EDFIMC has been created to manage different facilities that are largely funded by the European Commission. Since 2016, EDFIMC manages ElectriFI, the Electrification Financing Initiative (www.electrifi.eu). In 2018, EDFIMC will launch the Agriculture Financing Initiative (AgriFI).
The AgriFI facility with starting budget of EUR 39mln is set up with the objective to increase the value-added, the production and the income of smallholder farmers in low and lower-middle income countries by providing long-term financing to private sector enterprises that involve smallholder farmers. AgriFI is designed to offer flexible finance in form of (near) equity, (subordinated) debt or guarantee structures. Financing ranges from EUR 500k to EUR 10mln per project with additionality to other funders and return alignment with other investors.
EDFIMC seeks to recruit one Fund Manager and three experienced (Senior) Investment Officers for the new AgriFI team, based out of the EDFIMC offices in Brussels.
The Manager AgriFI will be responsible for the roll out of AgriFI, the management of the current en likely new funding. In close collaboration with the Managing Director of EDFIMC, he/she will be steering the growing team. He/she will be supported by the EDFIMC Legal, Sustainability and other colleagues. The AgriFI Manager will play a key role in the expansion and success of the fund. He/she will also be an important point of contact in the interaction with the key stakeholders of the AgriFI Facility.
The Manager will
- Develop and ensure the implementation of (annual) business plan of the Fund and give direction to the employees of the dedicated team, in order to realize the Facility targets;
- Translate long term Facility targets into annual (team and personal) goals;
- Еnsure efficient execution in alignment with company policies & procedures;
- Ensure successful behavior within the team.
With respect to the AgriFI Facility, the AgriFI Manager is responsible for the sourcing of propositions, structuring and advising on bankability under condition of safeguarding the EU-interest, standardization, TOR’s and tendering external feasibility advisory, investment committee proposal preparation, preparation of contracts, processing of disbursement requests, preparation of conversion decisions, counterparty to finance propositions within and outside the Finance Partners, monitoring and reporting on approved propositions.
- Business planning and budgeting:
- Develop and formulate an annual business plan for the Facility, in accordance with the organizational objectives and budgets and the relevant goals and missions;
- Develop, formulate, monitor and realize a (volume and cost-orientated) budget taking into account policies and strategic guidelines of the EDFIMC.
- Implementation and execution:
- Guide and ensure implementation with regard to solutions in such a way that it can be incorporated in daily practice;
- Contribute to the effective execution of business goals and activities.
- People Management:
- Support recruitment, guide and develop employees of the team (including target setting, work in progress and annual appraisals) in order to ensure an adequate and well-allocated organization staffed with motivated and trained personnel;
- Relationship Management and Networking;
- Generate and sustain a range of contacts with colleagues and other stakeholders of the Facility and use these to generate business opportunities and achieve goals more effectively. Be able to improve the visibility and positioning of the Facility.
- Business improvement:
- Monitor internal and external developments and partner/client relationships with regard to both the Facility managed and the line of business;
- Initiate new ways to optimize processes while co-operating with other entities and/or strategic business partners in order to continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency of processes within the line of business.
- a Master’s degree preferably in field of finance or (development) economics;
- seasoned professional with at least six to eight years of working experience in agriculture financing;
- solid experience working in the front office of a (development) bank or investment fund with proven track record on initiatives, successful or not, in raising ’bankability’ to international standards;
- experience in fund management and managing a team of professionals;
- ability to expand into new market (business development) within the guidelines of the Fund.
- Skills & Competencies:
- a pro-active (self-starter), creative, pragmatic, with hands-on mentality;
- result oriented;
- an excellent communicator with the ability to build solid relationships;
- people oriented leadership style;
- fluent at least in English (verbally and in writing).
- Framework for Contracting:
- Permanent contract;
- Located full time in Brussels;
- Salary package in line with European DFIs;
- Frequent travelling will contribute to the success in this role.
How to apply
Please send your application directly to Jason Descamps, Executive Search Consultant at EARS – European Affairs Recruitment Specialists, email@example.com. Please make sure you highlight EDFIMC – Manager AgriFI in your subject.