VACANCY | General Manager for EDFI Association
EDFI is hiring a new General Manager
Improving people’s lives in the world’s poor places through private enterprise and economic development
EDFI is the not-for-profit Association of European development finance institutions (DFIs), which are publicly backed impact investors that finance and advise private sector enterprises in emerging markets and developing economies. The combined investment portfolio of EDFI’s 15 member institutions is approximately € 50 billion in financial services, renewable energy, infrastructure, manufacturing, agribusiness, and services in more than 100 countries.
EDFI member institutions share a vision of a world where the private sector offers people in low- and middle-income countries opportunities for decent work and improved lives, and where private investment flows are aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement.
EDFI offices are based in Brussels. We are currently recruiting EDFI’s new General Manager.
The General Manager will promote to the joint interests of EDFI’s member Development Finance Institutions (DFIs), inform policy and drive innovation in industry standards. Current key strategic objectives of EDFI include partnership with EU institutions, DFI collaboration and crisis response, impact harmonisation, mobilisation of private investment, and network coordination.
EDFI is led by a board of directors, the General Manager is responsible for the Association’s daily management with support from a Secretariat based in Brussels, with a dozen staff.
The General Manager develops strategies with the purpose to convene networking groups of staff in different areas of specialisation, the EDFI Academy training offering, and engagement in a range of international partnerships to promote development and climate finance solutions.
The ideal General Manager has the following profile:
• Professional qualifications and experience with leadership accomplishments in private sector development finance.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of European institutions.
• In debt knowledge of financial products, corporate investment procedures
• Capacity to lead the Secretariat and drive the association’s results in close cooperation with the member European development finance institutions.
• Excellent people management skills, with the capacity to inspire the team members and effectively create a collective sense of direction and achievement.
• Open and effective communicator with ability to convey complex issues in external fora.
• Negotiation skills and ability to exploit opportunities in multi-stakeholder partnerships.
• Good networks in international development finance and impact investing.
The role is based at the EDFI asbl/vzw offices in Brussels, Belgium. The General Manager will be appointed on a Belgian employment contract for an indefinite term. The position will involve European and international travel.
For this recruitment we work with our partner Profile Group. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the recruiter Hans Verheij: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile phone: +32 473 71 51 14. To apply to this vacancy, just click on the link below: