The European Development Finance Institutions Management Company (EDFI MC) is hiring a Head of Risk.
EDFI Management Company
EDFI MC is a limited liability company (société anonyme) based in Brussels established by European Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) as impact investor largely funded by the EU. We invest in sustainable development projects in emerging and developing economies (mostly in Sub Sahara Africa and Pacific); and we deliver development finance solutions that enable European Development Finance Institutions (DFIs).
To date, EDFI MC has built a multi-disciplinary organisation of approximately 40 staff members
As a senior risk expert your role is to support this growing (Brussels-based) emerging market investment company to manage its risks by implementing the Risk Management policies and being actively involved at key moments in the investment project approval process. You report to the CFO and will focus on credit and operational risk as the top-2 risk types.
- You implement the overall risk management framework, including establishing the levels of risk that the company is willing to take (risk appetite), developing risk policies and procedures, maintaining the risk and control matrix and preparing periodic risk reporting
- You maintain the internal financial rating model and the credit warning trigger toolkit
- You assess the risk of possible new investment mandates or new investment types
- You review internal business proposals and support senior management and the Board of Directors in risk matters
- You provide an independent second opinion on all investment project proposals to the investment committee and sign off on counterparty risk ratings
- You monitor risk warning triggers and validate the risk-based valuation of investment instruments (equity, debt and financial guarantees)
- You plan and support audits performed by the internal auditor, the compliance manager, and the IT security function. You connect the dots with your own risk work
- You monitor progress of company-wide risk mitigation action plans
- You coordinate business continuity planning
- You contribute to fostering a sound risk culture amongst staff by providing inspiration, support, and training
- You present your professional recommendations and integrated risk oversight reports directly to the Board audit and risk committee
- You are a well-versed business finance professional with extended relevant experience gained in investment firm or a corporate bank.
- Knowledge is assumed on such things as expected loss risk models, ratings and asset valuation, the 3 lines risk model, …
- You are a mature professional with strong communication skills. You give balanced views, are stress resistant, have the courage to speak up and the ability to inspire and convince
- You are allowed to work in Belgium
- Experience with impact investing and/or venture capital management are strongly valued
- Exposure to emerging market would be a soft asset
What we offer:
A dynamic and international environment in collaboration with passionate people
- An impactful work in direct contact with entrepreneurs and developing countries
- A full-time employment contract with EDFI MC based in Brussels.
- A solid compensation package in line with development finance companies.
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter in English to Olivier Moyens through firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover letter shall clearly outline your motivation and availability.
While we aim to fill the vacant position as soon as possible, we apologize we can only respond to the candidates we would like to invite for further discussions.